Cauliflower & Coconut Tart | Alkaline Diet Recipe
This cauliflower & coconut tart recipe is to die for! It’s rich and tasty and a great option for those on an Alkaline Cleanse / Alkaline Diet. If you love cauliflower and coconut, you are in for a real treat with this recipe. It’s sure to be a hit at any dinner table and is also a great recipe for guest dinner parties or gatherings. If executed properly, the crust will have a bread-like texture, so one slice can be super filling. If you don’t have or like coconut cream, you can use any dairy-free milk alternative instead. Below is a step by step recipe for baking this decadent alkaline cleanse recipe. Give it a try! We know you’ll love this cauliflower & coconut tart!
Cauliflower & Coconut Tart | Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup chopped (30 g) kale
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced into ribbons
For The Pastry:
- 3 cups (300 g) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3/4 cup (75 g) ground almonds
- 3 healthy gratings of nutmeg
- finely grant zest of 1/2 lemon
- a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F/170°C gas mark 3 & line a 9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- First make the pastry. Put the cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender & blend until they look a bit like grains of rice. You can also chop them by hand as finely as possible.
- Transfer the blended/chopped cauliflower to a bowl and add the nutmeg, ground almonds, lemon zest, salt & the egg.
- Mix the ingredients well until a dough forms.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tart pan, also pressing up the sides then bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- During that time, massage the kale with the lemon juice until you see it wilt. The set it aside.
- To make the filling, beat together the eggs, coconut cream and salt until smooth & evenly mixed.
- Once the pastry is out of the preheated oven, arrange a layer kale in the bottom.
- Cover up the zucchini ribbons, then pour the egg & coconut mixture on top.
- Finally, return it to the oven for another 20 minutes or so until it’s cooked through.